Saturday, November 2, 2019

A love letter to self




I used to write love letters for someone else, I didn't realize the one who needs it the most is myself.
So if I could write to myself it goes like this.

Dear self,

I heard that January is the warmest month on the southern hemisphere throughout the year,
and maybe that's because your smile radiates warmth to sway the coldness away. You took away the blues and turn it into tangerine, without anyone knowing that your feet are icy cold and it stings so badly.

I hope you are still giggly and all happy like yesterdays. I know it's sometimes hard to be the one who pats your own back, to scratch your own itch, and to be the shoulder for you to cry on. But I always know you are a great multi-taskers. You are strong and capable of many things. Let me remind you that you are not alone, you are so full of love but you often forgot. I, myself love you!

Don't worry about how people may think about you. You are prettier than those girls who don't fight for their ambitions. You always know what you want and you know what's better for you but you need to be brave. You've always been great, but this time I need you to push harder. I believe in you.

And when you're feeling worn out, remember to always take some rest. You've done just enough. You always give your 110% like I know you.

And lastly, I want to thank you for a lot of things.

Thank you self for learning to let go multiple times; for letting yourself to expand and adapt to new tools and experience; for finally having the guts to reunite with old friends; for not stop creating; for listening and helping more to those who struggle to heal; for having new hobbies; for accepting how you look in the mirror; for teaching yourself how to cook; and for realizing that you’ve gained so much in the midst of your insecurities.


                                                                                                                 

                                                                                                                           
                                                                                                                                  Yours truly














No comments:

Post a Comment